Be prepared for some unforgettable experiences during your trip in Lapland. The first thing that comes to your mind when you think about Lapland is meeting Santa Claus. However, there are many other exciting activities that you can experience in Lapland.
- 1 Where to go dog sledding in Lapland ?
- 2 Where is the best place to ride a snowmobile in Lapland ?
- 3 Where to see the Northern Lights in Lapland ?
- 4 When is the best time to experience ice fishing in Lapland ?
- 5 Where to go snowshoeing in Lapland ?
- 6 Where to visit or sleep in an ice hotel in Lapland ?
- 7 How to meet reindeer in Lapland ?
- 8 How to enjoy a traditional sauna in Finnish Lapland ?
- 9 14 unique reasons to visit Lapland in winter
- 10 The top 10 wild animals to see in Lapland
Lapland is a unique wilderness region and is also an ideal location to drive your own dogsled and care for your husky team !
Snowmobiles are the best way to explore the beautiful wilderness. Like dog rides, you can find snowmobiles in virtually every destination across Lapland.
In northern Lapland, above the Arctic Circle, the chance of seeing the Aurora Borealis is about every other clear night between September to March.
Ice-fishing is possible in Lapland for several months during winter time. The winter fishing season starts in November and ends in May.
Snowshoeing is a great way to experience Lapland’s wintry wildernesses. Snowshoeing is a great activity for the whole family and is also suitable for beginners.
Visiting or booking a night in an ice hotel in Lapland is an unusual experience. You can find and sleep overnight in an ice hotels in Lapland almost everywhere.
Reindeer are a common sight in Lapland. Every animal you see in a Lapland forest is owned by a herder.
Visiting a traditional Finnish sauna is a must for any Finnish Lapland itinerary ! You might even find a wooden sauna 🥵 on a Finnish island towed like a sledge over a frozen lake 🥶 to find the right spot for a plunge pool.
C-Ludik has selected 14 unique reasons to visit Lapland in winter !
Meet the 10 most emblematic animals of Lapland: observing rare species in their natural environment is an unforgettable experience that is an integral part of a trip to this unique region. Between vast forests, windswept Arctic hills, countless lakes and the Baltic Sea, Lapland’s amazing wildlife will amaze you in every season.